H.265, also called HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), is said to double the data compression ratio compared to H.264 at the same level of video quality. We can tell the feature of H.265 from its name, yeah, the encoding efficiency of H.265/HEVC is much higher that H.264. So H.265 is widely used to shoot 4K recordings by many professional cameras. Sometimes we need to edit these H.265 recordings to polish them in Premiere Pro CC, however many Premiere users found they can’t edit the H.265/HEVC videos, the importing window doesn’t response wherever they click.
Here I’m glad to explain the issue mentioned above for you. The resolution of H.265/4K recordings is 4096 x 2160, if the resolution of your computer is much lower than 4K, then it will causes your computer doesn’t have the ability to process the editing work with H.265 recordings in Premiere Pro CC. In order to edit H.265/HEVC footage in Premiere Pro CC smoothly, I suggest you to downgrade H.265 footage to 1080p (1920 x 1080).
In the following part, I’ll recommend a professional assistant for you - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This professional H.265 converter is a practical tool to help you convert the H.265/HEVC footage to Premiere Pro CC for editing. It also offers the optimized output profiles for Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Elements and more. In addition to this, The Mac Version of this H.265 converter supports for Mac OS X El Capitan and Windows 10, If you want a Windows version, please turn to Pavtube HD Video Converter.. If you want to know about more H.265 video converters for Mac, please review Top 5 Best Video Converter for Mac.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Convert H.265/HEVC to MPEG for Premiere Pro CC
Step 1. Load H.265 files
Here you can directly drag & drop the H.265 files to the converter, or click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button on the top menu to browse and choose H.265 files
Step 2. Choose the preset output format
Click on the format bar and follow "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" to choose "MPEG-2 (*.mpg)" as the best video format for editing H.265 files in Premiere Pro CC. Besides, you can choose the other formats for editing in Avid MC, After Effects, Sony Vegas, etc.
Step 3. Resize parameters.
Click "Settings" to open “Profile Settings” window. Resize the resolution by selecting “Size(pix)” option. Change the number to 1920 x 1080.
Step 4. Start converting H.265 files.
Click the big "Convert" button in the main UI to begin the H.265 to MPEG-2 conversion. You can see your converted videos by clicking "Open" button.
Then you are able to import and edit H.265/HEVC footage in Premiere Pro CC without any problem (The Hot Key to load H.265 files to Premiere is “Command” + “O”). Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to backup popular BD movies and edit them in Premiere Pro CC, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip BD movies out to convert into Premiere Pro CC effectively.
- Two Ways to Import Canon XF100 MXF to Premiere Pro CS6 for Editing on Mac
- Upload Sony RX1R II Record XAVC S Halloween Videos to Premiere Pro CC
- Work GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition with Premiere Pro CC
- Can’t Import Sony PXW-X70 XAVC MXF Files to Premiere Elements
- Import Sony PXW-FS5 4K XAVC/AVCHD to Premiere Elements
- Work Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX50V MP4 Files with Premiere Element 13